Valais Alpine and Enduro
Bring your A-Game… big rides, big vertical, big scenery.
Suitable for advanced and expert riders who are comfortable on rough alpine terrain, this week will put you through your paces on challenging rides at higher altitude than we normally ride.
Your local guides know the trails like the back of their hands. They’ll take you straight to where you want to go and keep you in the zone. Don’t worry; there are modern high speed lifts, plus some cool, clanky old trains, to get you up into the alpine. For the days where you’re going where the lifts don’t reach, there’s e-bike options: good luck trying to pedal analog at 3000 meters!
Make no mistake: this is the bike trip of a lifetime. Stunning scenery, big days, cool mountain culture, great hotels and European vibes.
All bookings are custom. You can choose to base in Zermatt for your entire stay, or move hotels every couple of days.
- Ride among giant alpine mountains and glaciers
- Stay in Zermatt the whole week, or move around
- See iconic Swiss landmarks
- Eat at an alpine hut and ride down to town
- Ride some of Europe’s best trails
- Explore the biking in iconic Alpine destinations
- Experience local food, drink and culture
- Choose your level of comfort
- Eat the best cheese in the world!
- Most meals
- All in country travel
- Bike hire
- Airport transfers
NOTE: Some liftpasses will need to be purchased on the day based on where you and your guided decide to ride.
BASED ON SATURDAY TO SUNDAY TRAVEL:
- Day one (Saturday): Depart your home country.
- Day two (Sunday): Arrive Switzerland, transfer by train to Brig. Meet your local lead guide. Bike set up and welcome dinner. Explore Brig’s beautiful town center and castle.
- Day three (Monday): Guided riding in Leukerbad; an intro to Swiss riding.
- Day four (Tuesday): Hit Verbier bike park, rip a couple of laps and then head into the alpine.
- Day five (Wednesday): Ride the Simplon Pass: put your bike on the bus and ride the First World War tunnel network into Italy
- Day six (Thursday): Head to Zermatt and e-bike to the base of the Matterhorn, Europe’s most inconic peak. Steep janky trails lead back to town, 2000 meters below.
- Day seven (Friday): Guided ride in Zermatt. One of your Zermatt days will be spent on the legendary ride from the Gornergrat railway, with possible breakfast at top of the train.
- Day eight (Saturday) A.M: Spend your last day in Aletsch, Saas or Nendaz, winding down with an easier day… unless you want to keep pushing right to the end.
- Day ten (Sunday): Depart, if you didn’t depart the day before! Arrive in home country.
NOTE: Timing of certain events, such as your Gornergrat adventure ride may change depending on weather conditions, at the discretion of your guides.
NOTE: Weather may affect which locations and trails you ride.
PRICING: from $425o CAD, 2 people sharing, zermatt base throughout.
Request A Personalized Quote
Please note some resorts require pre booking of certain activities. We may contact you before confirming your booking to find out if you wish to pre book any activities.
Canadian Staycations Inc is a bonded and licensed travel agent. BC Consumer Protection License number 81484
2573 Dunsmuir Ave.
Mon-Sat: 9am - 5pm